May 5, 2023
1. The debt ceiling crisis.
2. The anti-democratic, authoritarian-seeking moves by state legislatures controlled by Republican super-majorities.
3. Republicans’ continued support and tolerance for, and emulation of, Trump and Trumpian behavior.
4 The transition of the Supreme Court into an ideologically driven and ethically substandard institution.
5 The nuclear war threat from Russia, China, and North Korea.
6. The long-term threat to humanity of climate change
7. The long-term threat to humanity of artificial intelligence.
8. The continuing trend toward gross income and wealth inequality.