The Ominous Political Outlook, Continued

Demographic trends are such that political scientist Norman Ornstein says that, within about 20 years, 70% of Americans will live in 15 states, resulting in the other 30% being able to choose 70 senators, and that the 30% “will be older, whiter, more rural and more male {i.e. dominantly Republican voters} than the 70%.” This trend, as well as the Republican legislatures-driven voter suppression trend and the gerrymandering trend, is in the direction of one party minority rule. Our country survived efforts by Trump and his enablers to kill American democracy with a single blow, but it’s in danger of dying a slow death.